• Welcome to Brann Bataljonen Bergen. Please login or sign up.

Brann - Everton [The English thread]

Started by Shine, December 21, 2007, 15:34:00 PM

Go Down

krøvel vellevold

Quote from: "md49vd"but saying you beat a WELSH side 8-0 doesnt impress any English people,   .

Yes, I know welsh football isn't any good. But 8-0 away is quite good. Boavista won 2-0 home and 3-0 away vs Barry Town in 2000/01, Porto won 8-0 home and 3-1 away vs Barry Town in 2001/02 Man City won 5-0 home and 2-0 away vs TNS in 2003/04, and Liverpool won 3-0 both home and away in 2005/06.
Legg ned hele klubben!

md49vd

man utd 2 everton 1
ronaldo scored 88th minute penalty

was harsh on everton, we played well.

The Boss

Quote from: "md49vd"man utd 2 everton 1

19-4 in shots! a very deserved win for manu

krøvel vellevold

Losing for that kind of teams is really embarassing!

What's the name again? Manchester United? Never heard about them! Is this some Sunday League crap?

Anyway, what will happen is: Everton beat Brann 1-0 in Bergen and think they are through. Thousands of Evertonians order unrefundable plane tickets to Florence for all the money they've got on the dole. Then Brann have a 2-0 lead at half time in the 2nd leg. Everton gets 1-2 fifteen minutes from the end, then struggle to get an equalizer, but the game finish 1-2 and Brann are through on away goals. The same way as vs Club Brugge.
Legg ned hele klubben!

Shine

Quote from: "krøvel vellevold"

What's the name again? Manchester United? Never heard about them! Is this some Sunday League crap?

Anyway, what will happen is: Everton beat Brann 1-0 in Bergen and think they are through. Thousands of Evertonians order unrefundable plane tickets to Florence for all the money they've got on the dole. Then Brann have a 2-0 lead at half time in the 2nd leg. Everton gets 1-2 fifteen minutes from the end, then struggle to get an equalizer, but the game finish 1-2 and Brann are through on away goals. The same way as vs Club Brugge.

From your mouth to Gods ear.
Her i Brann har vi det veldig kjekt, og det må han forholde seg til.

HansaInferno

What is Everton? Never heard about them before, isn't that the name of Liverpool FCs reserves or something like that?
Breiflabben, baby!

Klaus_Brann

Hermgoose, I said it first.
Det har gått i arv i fra far og til sønn, har du først falt i gryten, så er det ingen bønn!

EvertonChris

Quote from: "HansaInferno"What is Everton? Never heard about them before, isn't that the name of Liverpool FCs reserves or something like that?

Liverpool FC - Everton's bastard offspring. Always have been always will be.  8)

md49vd

yeah ill like to see how FC Brann do against Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Giggs, Anderson!!

20-0 man utd?

SKBMiller

dont come with serious things like that, you are hurting our feelings!

krøvel vellevold

Quote from: "Klaus_Brann"

Yes but I agree. First.
Legg ned hele klubben!

krøvel vellevold

Quote from: "md49vd"yeah ill like to see how FC Brann do against Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Giggs, Anderson!!

20-0 man utd?

Ronaldo. Sounds like a name from Duckburg! Are they playing Goosetown every week?

Rooney, Tevez, Giggs, Anderson? Is this a pub team or what? Anderson? Is that the keyboardist in ABBA?
Legg ned hele klubben!

md49vd

Ricky

Why am I not surprised to find that "hermgoose" didn't yield any results on Google?

Stolpeinn

Wow, you guys are being really confident and arrogant. I for one have tremendous respect for Everton and expect them to win. I do however hope that we will give them a good fight. There's no secret that Brann, at that point, will have pretty much no match training and Everton's in season.

I watched Man Utd-Everton earlier today and thought a draw would have been a good result. *shrug*

HansaInferno

Quote from: "md49vd"yeah ill like to see how FC Brann do against Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Giggs, Anderson!!

20-0 man utd?

I would guess for 200 - 0 or more. I have grate respect for Everton after loosing aianst this Manchester United.
Breiflabben, baby!

C@Bøe_79

20-0 man utd?

Not likely.
We have to up to world class players in Sigurdsson and Opdal, they can stop United alone on a good day.. But in contrast we got one of the league most generouse left backs..
Bergen og Hansa til eg dør!!!!!

Vær med og støtt tifo-gruppen med noen kroner, kontonummer 3628.52.72631

efc1878

I know Everton fans will be all around your ground, are we to expect any trouble? I hope not!

Are there any decent hotels near the ground or are they all in Bergen?
Is there a train or coach service from the city to Brann?
If we come by car/coach on ferry to Bergen, is it easy to get to Brann?
Also, how cold will it be? it was -3 in Alkmaar!

Hope the games are good and supporters behave themselves!!
nward evertonians

KNUDSEN

Quote from: "efc1878"I know Everton fans will be all around your ground, are we to expect any trouble? I hope not!

Are there any decent hotels near the ground or are they all in Bergen:
They are all in the city

There is coach service, 10-15drive

Yes

Dont Know
jøss meg i ræven
Ja no e vi der
Eg skuer utover den store røde hær
Som marsjerer opp te Ullevaal
Vi ska opp å ta finalen

SKBMiller

its only 10 minutes to drive with bus or car to the stadium from the city. so that will not be a problem for you. and the hotels and pubs are in the city.

Stolpeinn

Yup! Bergen is rather small so you can easily get to anywhere without too much effort and time.

The Boss

Quote from: "efc1878"I know Everton fans will be all around your ground, are we to expect any trouble? I hope not!

A) Well, if U behave well, there wont be any trouble. But we are from Bergen and can be angry if your guys want any trouble ;) We also have some casuals named "tjuaguttabergen", they'r in the Frydenbø tribunen, area B, i'm sure they want trouble =) But seriously, i guess that wont by any problem!
B) ..... and i guess it will be between 0 and +5 in bergen

Nightfox

"BRANN" IS JUST THE NAME OF OUR CLUB, NOT A PLACE!!!!!
And its SK Brann, not FC. SK stands for SPORTSKLUBBEN.

It might be rainy. It rains all the time in Bergen. And the pitch might be frozen. I would bring good clothes, and expect a bad pitch. Many busses passes Brann Stadion, so no worries. If you get lost, just ask for directions or ask a busdriver. Every single busdriver knows where brann stadion is.

SKBMiller

but if you guys are planing to buy tickets aorund on the stadium, stay away from "Frydenbøtribunen", that is the supporter section.

dudo

1. The ground isn't too far from downtown Bergen, so that shouldn't be a problem. Most hotels are decent, the cheapest might be Jacobs appartment (at least I think that's what it's called): http://dorm.no/index.htm which is - as the website suggests - a dorm. Cheap accomodation, cheap drinks and located only a few minutes walk from Torgalmenningen, the city square. The only drawback (perhaps) is that it's closest neighbour is the main police station. Which once was known to have Norway's slowest lift, but that is a story to it self... ;-)

2. I would recommend taking the bus, although cabs aren't too expensive from downtown Bergen, something like £11-12.

3. Yes, see #2. The ferry arrives downtown Bergen. I would recommend parking downtown and going by cab or bus to Brann Stadion (there is no place called "Brann".), as you would spend the entire first half trying to find a spot to park your car.

4. Probably 5-7C and rain. What we have all year long...

Also, you shouldn't be worried about trouble in my opinion. We're well behaved! ;-)
And it's a moral to this story! Or at least it was supposed to be a moral, but since I'm dyslectic it is in fact - a marble!

Christoball

Quote from: "dudo"
4. Probably 5-7C and rain. What we have all year long...

I will expect around 0, and in worst case scenario snow and horrible pitch, if the pitch is playable at all... but of course, that is worst case scenario...

efc1878

thanks for the info boys,,
I'm looking forward to visiting Bergen and sampling the ale!

if you have any spare tickets, get in touch using this thread.
nward evertonians

Klaus_Brann

Quote from: "Ricky"

Why am I not surprised to find that "hermgoose" didn't yield any results on Google?

Because it`s not a real word! But you might find something if you check out words that is quite similar, like canaribirds, canaris, or just LSK...They`re related to the hermgoose, and share it`s qualities..

And to the geeezer from Everton: No, nobody`s selling you any tickets, you`ll have to manage with the 850 tickets you have available...
Det har gått i arv i fra far og til sønn, har du først falt i gryten, så er det ingen bønn!

thesevs

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"
Futurama

Nightfox

But remember: We are passionate, so don't push the limits.

HansaInferno

And stick to your own section. It's funny how we allways do the same thing, but when it happens to us everybody is against it. There is allways Brann fans all over the stadium when we play away. But to be honest, I don't like it if evertonians get seats outside the away section.
Breiflabben, baby!

Nightfox

HansaInferno: The reason to that is that we are one of few teams in Norway who fill up our stadium. I reacted with anger when we did not get more tickets against Lillestrøm away. Why? Because they can't fill up their stadium on their own. There were empty seats! and not few, either! Why couln't they then give the away fans a few hundred extra seets? What happened? Instead of giving us in one whole section (The Diadora stand), fans bought tickets all over the stadium. You don't see me complain when the home team can sell out their stadium themselves. But its stupid and pointless if there are still empty seats left.

And thats why I don't like Evertonians and other supporters on our stands. We can fill it up easily ourselves. But if Brann choose to have a high ticket-price and the match is not going to be sold out, i can't see the problem in giving everton the spare tickets.

Alzheimer/Silverspurs

Quote from: "efc1878"thanks for the info boys,,

To be honest I'd rather prefer an empty seat compared to give it to an evertonian :)

You will probably be able to buy a seat which is not in the away fans section, but remember that 50% of the people living in Bergen are mix of Brann and Liverpool fans, hehe.

I know ONE Everton fan in town, but I will anyway beat him up before kick off so he will not be able to attend :p

md49vd

Everton Uefa Cup Winners 2007/2008

trust me, at least you will lose to the best team  :wink:

krøvel vellevold

QuoteEverton Uefa Cup Winners 2007/2008

Weird, because there's no 2nd chance for teams who are sent out of the tournament!
Legg ned hele klubben!

krøvel vellevold

The ground is 4 kilometres south of the city center. There's a lot of buses passing.

The temperature averages for Bergen in February are; average minimum -1,7 - average maximum +3,3. Compared to Liverpool's average minimum +2 - avareage maximum +7. So it is a bit colder in Bergen than in Liverpool in February. But you never know. It may be everything from -8 to +8  in that time of year. But temperatures lower than -5 is not common in Bergen.
Legg ned hele klubben!

HansaInferno

Quote from: "Alzheimer/Silverspurs"
Quote from: "efc1878"thanks for the info boys,,

To be honest I'd rather prefer an empty seat compared to give it to an evertonian :)

You will probably be able to buy a seat which is not in the away fans section, but remember that 50% of the people living in Bergen are mix of Brann and Liverpool fans, hehe.

I know ONE Everton fan in town, but I will anyway beat him up before kick off so he will not be able to attend :p

A mix of Liverpool and Brann fans?? Don't think som mate! I'm sick of norwegians supporting english clubs. It's allright to follow Premier League in the winter, but I can't understand how people can develop feelings for clubs in another country.
Breiflabben, baby!

Stoffi

There's loads of hotels, but make sure to order in advance, hotels tend to be pretty crowded in Bergen. You will want to live in the city centre.
It is impossible to not find the stadium, just follow the crowd on to the busses. There's 10-20 different lines that pass the stadium, 30 min to walk, but it will most likely be raining.

If you try to book tickets elsewhere on our stadium, stay away from "frydenbøtribunen". Away supporters are warned against being there, because that's the side the "hardcore" supporters are, including the casuals. There has been some episodes, and there will be alot of police and security.
Chances are big that they will close the internet sale though, SK Brann don't like to mix supporters.

Our beer, Hansa, is extremely good. Make sure you go to a pub who taps Hansa, and not Ringnes, which tastes like piss.

I will be travelling to London/Liverpool with lots of mates, hoping to have a good time and take home a win. :)
Min bestemor er tilgjengelig som Branntrener, løp og kjøp!

md49vd

ok this is fact but the bookmakers (betting agency) has got everton 4th favourite to win Uefa Cup out of the last 32 teams left in competition

Bayern Munich - 1st
Tottenham - 2nd (everton beat them away 3-1 this season)
Athletico Madrid - 3rd
Everton 4th

SK Brann is joint 32nd with Aberdeen
http://www.coral.co.uk/sbuk.go?page=supergrouppage&sportid=1&supergroup=j2UEFA+Cup

it will be a major shock if Everton lose the game in England, everyone is expecting Everton to win and progress.

The Boss

Quote from: "md49vd"ok this is fact but the bookmakers (betting agency) has got everton 4th favourite to win Uefa Cup out of the last 32 teams left in competition

Bayern Munich - 1st
Athletico Madrid - 3rd
Everton 4th

http://www.coral.co.uk/sbuk.go?page=supergrouppage&sportid=1&supergroup=j2UEFA+Cup

it will be a major shock if Everton lose the game in England, everyone is expecting Everton to win and progress.

Well, the odds for brann is going down :) I bet about 1,5£ that Brann shoud win the uefa cup, back in august, odds 500. So i will get 10k NOK if brann do theyr job ;)

dudo

Now, why didn't I think of that? ;-)
And it's a moral to this story! Or at least it was supposed to be a moral, but since I'm dyslectic it is in fact - a marble!

krøvel vellevold

You Everton-supporters will have big problems by getting tickets other places than on the avay stand. There will be no internet sale to this game, and all tickets will go to season ticket holders or will be sold in the supporters' shops. And it will be sold out a long time before you come over here. Perhaps they'll note personalia from everyone who buy a ticket, and it might be a very low number of tickets each person can buy. Which means it might be very few tickets on the black market. Anyway, if you support the wrong team on the wrong stands - you'll be thrown out. Just like in England.
Legg ned hele klubben!

smaalanda

Quote from: "md49vd"ok this is fact but the bookmakers (betting agency) has got everton 4th favourite to win Uefa Cup out of the last 32 teams left in competition

Bayern Munich - 1st
Athletico Madrid - 3rd
Everton 4th

This is very correct seeding as I see it. But I would do anything to play Tottenham istead of Everton in UEFA cup since you play very good nowadays. The seeding shows Brann's slim chances for going to the next round but the most stuping thing you can do is too underestimate us, we have done great things before.
KMO!!!

krøvel vellevold

Brann are better than Aberdeen, Helsingborg and Rosenborg!

Aberdeen: With exceptions for Celtic and Rangers, scottish teams are not better than us. And Aberdeen is a mid table team in Scotland.  Average players (and reserves) for Brann are almost heroes in clubs like Aberdeen and Dundee United.

Helsingborg: Swedish league have not a higher quality than Norwegian league. Probably a lower standard. Ever heard about a swedish team doing well in Europe the last 15 years? And Helsingborg finished 8th in Sweden this season!

Rosenborg: Yes, RBK did well against Valencia. But Valencia are not that good anymore. In the norwegian league Rosenborg finished 13 points behind us.

And how can they have Tottenham as number 2? Hahaha! They have Tottenham above teams like Atletico Madrid, Villarreal, Everton, Hamburg, Bayer Leverkusen (who won 5-0 away vs Zürich), Fiorentina, Sporting and Benfica? It's rediculous! Tottenham is a bottom team in the league and they have no frightening past (they're not a big name in english football or in european football). Give me one reason to have Tottenham ranked as no. 2 in this seasons uefa cup!
Legg ned hele klubben!

md49vd

i think its because their manager won the uefa cup in the last two seasons (Juan Ramos), they have got very good players like Berbatov and in England they are based in London so are a big team with very rich chairman. They are considered 5th best team in England after Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea by all the newspapers but in reality not many people do, especially evertonians. This season they have a poor season!! but are you telling me Brann has never had a poor season in their history!

We still have more than 20 games left in the season.

Ricky

Quote from: "dudo"Now, why didn't I think of that? ;-)

If you feel like wasting some money, Brann are still 501.00 at sportingbet.com :p

krøvel vellevold

All the talks about Everton playing equal with United, is rubbish! I've found some statistics from the game:

Man Utd - Everton:

Possession: 58-42
Shots: 19-5
Shots on goal: 11-2
Corners: 8-2

Of Evertons shots only one (the goal) were from inside the 18 yards box. The 4 others were from outside. One of them were a free kick from the the center line!

Of Man.Uniteds shots were 7 from inside the 18 yard box, and 12 from outside.

So Everton are not a team playing level with United...
Legg ned hele klubben!

Alzheimer/Silverspurs

QuoteGive me one reason to have Tottenham ranked as no. 2 in this seasons uefa cup!

They got a world class attack.

md49vd

Quote from: "krøvel vellevold"All the talks about Everton playing equal with United, is rubbish! I've found some statistics from the game:

Man Utd - Everton:

Of Evertons shots only one (the goal) were from inside the 18 yards box. The 4 others were from outside. One of them were a free kick from the the center line!

sometime stats tell a different story, unless you watched the game you cannot comment, 2nd half we were defending alot and our defensive display was outstanding...hence why we deserved the point, the fact is it took manchester united an 88th minute penalty to beat Everton at their own ground. Not many teams score against Man Utd away from home.. that alone is a big achievement. At least we can score against the Champions.....of England.... we shouldnt have a problem doing the same against the Champions of Norway...

Champions of England vs. Champions of Norway.... hmm which one is tougher....

anyways Merry Christmas Brann fans.

Bombefar

Quote from: "md49vd"
Quote from: "krøvel vellevold"All the talks about Everton playing equal with United, is rubbish! I've found some statistics from the game:

Man Utd - Everton:

sometime stats tell a different story, unless you watched the game you cannot comment, 2nd half we were defending alot and our defensive display was outstanding...hence why we deserved the point, the fact is it took manchester united an 88th minute penalty to beat Everton at their own ground. Not many teams score against Man Utd away from home.. that alone is a big achievement. At least we can score against the Champions.....of England.... we shouldnt have a problem doing the same against the Champions of Norway...

Champions of England vs. Champions of Norway.... hmm which one is tougher....

anyways Merry Christmas Brann fans.

The game against Brann will be a totally different game. Everton will most likely have the ball alot, not like the game against Man Utd. It will probably be the opposite way. everton with the ball, and Brann defending. "Unfortunately" we are much better attackers than defenders, so I'll hope we'll try to play offensive football like we did away against Brugge.

Go Up