• Welcome to Brann Bataljonen Bergen. Please login or sign up.

Brann - Everton [The English thread]

Started by Shine, December 21, 2007, 15:34:00 PM

Go Down

Stoffi

Quote from: "The Boss"So our team is:

Brann (4-4-2): Opdal - Dahl, Sigurdsson, Bjarnason, Hanstveit - Solli, El Fakiri, Bakke, Vaagan Moen - Helstad, Karadas.

For those who never heard of any of these players:

Opdal = National player, first choice keeper

Dahl = a few caps for Norway

Sigurdsson = Islandic national

Bjarnasson = Islandic national, both these two are first choices for Iceland

Hanstveit = Man U sniffed at him long ago, Wolverhampton almost bought him recently. We find him mediocre. A few caps.

Solli = An excellent winger. National Player, Rosenborg player in the past.

El Fakiri = Former Monaco, played CL Semi final.

Eirik Bakke = Former Leeds. Played CL Semi final

Vaagan Moen = Norwegian Talent. A few caps.

Helstad = Former Austria Wien. Excellent attacker, national player and norways second best striker after John Carew.

Karadas = Former Benfica and Porthsmouth player. Is a central defender, but also very good as striker. some caps.
Min bestemor er tilgjengelig som Branntrener, løp og kjøp!

EvertonChris

Quote from: "Cahill"massive news

our best player is injured mikel arteta and has not travelled, also missing is our second best midfielder in Stephen Pienaar this season...two key midfielders missing

Yakubu has been selected, he is travelling with the squad but we dont know if he will start yet..

expected team

Howard

Neville Yobo Jagielka Lescott

Osman Carsley Cahill Fernandes

AJ Yakubu

Hopefully AJ doesnt start

BBB-Tony

Quote from: "EvertonChris"
Quote from: "Cahill"massive news

our best player is injured mikel arteta and has not travelled, also missing is our second best midfielder in Stephen Pienaar this season...two key midfielders missing

Yakubu has been selected, he is travelling with the squad but we dont know if he will start yet..

expected team

Howard

Neville Yobo Jagielka Lescott

Osman Carsley Cahill Fernandes

AJ Yakubu

Hopefully AJ doesnt start

Who will you have instead?
Mvh Tony Nordtveit

Bli med i Bataljonen Ung - Et organisert supportertilbud for deg under 16 år.

Vebjørn

KEA

Everton? Piece of cake - although not a very tasty one. Well, we'll eat you anyway.

Cahill

couple more news:

1. one of our other midfielders Fernandes is suffering a stomach injury and doesnt look like he will play

2. Not long now till the game :)

3. thank you for the information

4. hope its a good game

AJ will definately start Chris, he may not be scoring, but his work ethic is enough for Moyes to pick him regardless...he scored against Alkmaar within 1 minute.

I reckon the side will be

Howard

Hibbert Yobo Jagielka Lescott

Neville Carsley Cahill Osman

AJ Yakubu

EvertonChris

AJ is useless. Manny being out would be a major blow. Would take a 0-0 the way things are going with injuries.

Bergen Sin Gutt

Everton fans all over town tonite (tuesday nite), and even though i saw a lot of dressers (casuals), they seemed to behave ok. My cousin who was listening to the police scanner only heard of about 7-8 arrests, which is not much. But that was still early.

Anyway, was out and about all nite, and had a few beers with a few Evertonias, and got pissed. Every nite i get pissed is a good nite, so was a good nite!

boleole

whats the scanner frequense in Bergen, I think im going to listen and laguh after the match aswell.
Anyway hope for a great Brann win and that ppl behave themself.
og nicket mitt er bare for å tøffe meg...

Bergen Sin Gutt

Quote from: "boleole"whats the scanner frequense in Bergen, I think im going to listen and laguh after the match aswell.
Anyway hope for a great Brann win and that ppl behave themself.

Kjell249

Quote from: "Stoffi"
Quote from: "The Boss"So our team is:

Brann (4-4-2): Opdal - Dahl, Sigurdsson, Bjarnason, Hanstveit - Solli, El Fakiri, Bakke, Vaagan Moen - Helstad, Karadas.

For those who never heard of any of these players:

Opdal = National player, first choice keeper

Dahl = a few caps for Norway

Sigurdsson = Islandic national

Bjarnasson = Islandic national, both these two are first choices for Iceland

Hanstveit = Man U sniffed at him long ago, Wolverhampton almost bought him recently. We find him mediocre. A few caps.

Solli = An excellent winger. National Player, Rosenborg player in the past.

El Fakiri = Former Monaco, played CL Semi final.

Eirik Bakke = Former Leeds. Played CL Semi final

Vaagan Moen = Norwegian Talent. A few caps.

Helstad = Former Austria Wien. Excellent attacker, national player and norways second best striker after John Carew.

Karadas = Former Benfica and Porthsmouth player. Is a central defender, but also very good as striker. some caps.

This description is rather optimistic on the Brann player's behalf, and more a result of wishful thinking than based on facts. Bjarnasson does not play for the Islandic national team. He decided to concentrate on Brann, since he was tired of travelling with the national team without playing matches.

Our central line with Opdal, Sigurdsson,  Bakke and Helstad has good international quality. The rest of the team has good quality in Norwegian standard.

Our left and right defense in mediocre. Sentral defense is good. Midfield has good working ability, but internationally lacks ball handeling ability and creativity. Strikers are good especially Helstad. Karadsas wants to play central defense but plays striker, in lack of other good alternatives (injuries). He has suffered from ME (Myalgisk encefalopati) and is yet to find himself 100% fit.
Chuck Norris and Superman once fought each other on a bet. The loser had to start wearing his underwear on the outside of his pants.

Cahill

our key players tonight

Excellent Defenders:
Jospeh Yobo
Phil Jagielka
Joleon Lescott

all 3 should play

Excellent Midfielders:
Tim Cahill
Leon Osman

these two should play as well

Strikers:
Yakubu
AJ
Vaughan

possibly 1 or 2 will start the game.

i cant wait  :)

Lurkin

Vaughan's pace and aggressive style is capable of causing us a lot of trouble. Hopefully Brann won't make the same mistake as we always do. Defending deep and long passes, hoping that Helstad could run off some defenders. In order to gain anything from the match we have to close down Everton's midfield early, and try to attack on the wings. Hopefully Sigurdsson can match the pace of AJ and Vaughan.

Good luck, Evertonians.
Berømte Brann fra Bergen

Cahill

good game Brann

you caused some trouble but i hope you were also impressed with us

hard to tell who was playing at home sometimes :)

peteE

0-2 hurts..

But i'm impressed that we managed to look so sharp considering we were off-season! We had a lot of good attacks, and the most important thing, our midfield looked strong again! Our midfield has been our weakest link this UEFA-cup because of injuries and loss of playmaker and so on! But today we managed to play the ball, though some bad passes ofc.

But it was a good game to watch, but 0-1 would have been so much better than 0-2.. 0-2 came just in a time we had a period of domination..

But that's the 'beauty' of the game isn't? :)

But wp, Everton, you did the job, scoring goals.

Btw, we'll get you at Goodison after pens!

Andsto

No doubt our long break has affected us..no pace, no accurate passes, no strikers in shape, no endurance...we sucked, of course everton also sucked..and the ref sucked for allowing the 2nd everton goal. obvious offside.

im having trouble beliving premier league is the best league in europe when the 4th ranked team is this bad..we would have lost today no matter what shitty opposition we would have faced.

Snublefot

Quote from: "Andsto"No doubt our long break has affected us..no pace, no accurate passes, no strikers in shape, no endurance...we sucked, of course everton also sucked..and the ref sucked for allowing the 2nd everton goal. obvious offside.

im having trouble beliving premier league is the best league in europe when the 4th ranked team is this bad..we would have lost today no matter what shitty opposition we would have faced.

ta deg en bolle... :D   eller lån en lykkepille av noen...

Bombefar

Quote from: "Andsto"No doubt our long break has affected us..no pace, no accurate passes, no strikers in shape, no endurance...we sucked, of course everton also sucked..and the ref sucked for allowing the 2nd everton goal. obvious offside.

Hvilken kamp har du sett?

Klaus_Brann

Quote from: "Cahill"

Why?

The evertonians didn't make much noise at the stadium...It might sound better through the telly beacause of the mic's in front of the Everton supporters..
Det har gått i arv i fra far og til sønn, har du først falt i gryten, så er det ingen bønn!

Brannesen

Quote from: "Cahill"good game Brann

you caused some trouble but i hope you were also impressed with us

impressed? no not at all...with us beeing off season and all. two lucky goals...one of them was clearly offside. I was rather disapointed by your supporters. Didn't hear anything from them until you scored your second goal...sing when you're winning!

And one more thing...who is Yakubu and Johnson? Did they play? Sigurdsson man of the match...
Bjørn Dahl...respektløst! Se på dette! Nydelig til Huseklepp...Brann har mye folk inne foran måååål åååhåhåå...ja det er 2-1. Det er 2-1...det er Eirik Bakke! Alsaker kommenterer Brann mot Zagreb

Klaus_Brann

Quote from: "Bombefar"

Hvilken kamp har du sett?

Ja akkurat..We played well today, good performance from our boys, I' proud.
The 1-0 goal could/should have been disallowed for the challenge on PVM before the goal...Anyway, the 2-0 goal was a clear offside, damned...
Det har gått i arv i fra far og til sønn, har du først falt i gryten, så er det ingen bønn!

Cahill

lol i dont expect anything less from Brann fans...

tr0Ndemann

Quote from: "Cahill"lol i dont expect anything less from Brann fans...

I expected more of yours to be honest.

"Singing when they're winning."
What a waste of council tax, we paid for your hats!

Dinho

Omg. Everton barely sing when they win. Extremely disappointed with your perfomance. So many people and yet so little noise. Hamburg and Bad blue boys were at leats twice as good as u... Even the relegation clubs in the norwegian tippeliga make more noise... Jeeezzzezzz.

Cahill

Quote from: "Dinho"

Omg. Everton barely sing when they win. Extremely disappointed with your perfomance. So many people and yet so little noise. Hamburg and Bad blue boys were at leats twice as good as u... Even the relegation clubs in the norwegian tippeliga make more noise... Jeeezzzezzz.

get a bigger stadium

and ironic, considering i heard nothing from Brann fans all game except Booooo when names were announced.

Stoffi

You were only heard in the minutes after your goal. We've had 1/4 ppl making twice as much noice as you guys, I was disappointed.
But I guess Liverpool FC got all the singing supporters, and you got stuck with the rest. ;)

But anyways, maybe you had many families travelling or something. That may explain why we never heard you singing.

Dinho

Everton are the peoples club. Not the supporters club, or the singers club... But the ordinary peoples club.... Thats what they say, thats what they do... Watch the game and go home, no noise, no fuzz.....

Alzheimer/Silverspurs

I have no idea how the atmosphere was at the stadium but the BBC Five commentators sounded completely retarder actually. "I have never been at such a quiet stadium before, we can only hear the evertonians", but on TV we never heard the evertonians, but it was in periods a massive Brann singing and chanting.

Also the - as always - arrogant "this is too easy for Everton" "this pitch has not been used for months, but its awful", "Brann bla bla, which is the same story as long as an english team play vs a foreign club. Close call tonight, 1-1 draw would've been more fair, but we got no chance in hell at Goodison. 2-0 goal was clear offside :)

mortenaa

Most Norwegian clubs make more noise when they come here than what the everton fans did. What a sad group of supporters you are.

You only sing when you're winning indeed...

Exim

get a bigger stadium

and ironic, considering i heard nothing from Brann fans all game except Booooo when names were announced.

How is getting a bigger stadium gonna make you guys sing more?

Stoffi

Quote from: "Alzheimer/Silverspurs"I have no idea how the atmosphere was at the stadium but the BBC Five commentators sounded completely retarder actually. "I have never been at such a quiet stadium before, we can only hear the evertonians", but on TV we never heard the evertonians, but it was in periods a massive Brann singing and chanting.

Also the - as always - arrogant "this is too easy for Everton" "this pitch has not been used for months, but its awful", "Brann bla bla, which is the same story as long as an english team play vs a foreign club. Close call tonight, 1-1 draw would've been more fair, but we got no chance in hell at Goodison. 2-0 goal was clear offside :)

The commentators said that?
They didn't see the same game as the rest of us then, Brann was playing well and norwegian newspapers write Brann was the leading team in the first half.
Also, the Evertonians didn't make a peep, except for right after the goals.

Alzheimer/Silverspurs

Quote from: "Stoffi"
Quote from: "Alzheimer/Silverspurs"I have no idea how the atmosphere was at the stadium but the BBC Five commentators sounded completely retarder actually. "I have never been at such a quiet stadium before, we can only hear the evertonians", but on TV we never heard the evertonians, but it was in periods a massive Brann singing and chanting.

The commentators said that?
They didn't see the same game as the rest of us then, Brann was playing well and norwegian newspapers write Brann was the leading team in the first half.
Also, the Evertonians didn't make a peep, except for right after the goals.

Seen some uefa-matches on bbc before and its always the same story. Before Aberdeen - FC Copenhagen they expected it to be an easy win for the scottish team, ended 4-0 for them in a rock solid match, but that shows how they think. Not the best example, hehe, but anyway :)

Brann_ruler86

Gå ta banen!

Brannesen

get a bigger stadium

You weren't even at the game...and still you comment that you didn't hear us? I was there, and I call tell you that the brannfans made much noise and the everton fans didn't sing at all...until you scored your second goal that is. Then you sang "we shall not be moved". I think your supporters also sang "sing when we're winning" :)
Bjørn Dahl...respektløst! Se på dette! Nydelig til Huseklepp...Brann har mye folk inne foran måååål åååhåhåå...ja det er 2-1. Det er 2-1...det er Eirik Bakke! Alsaker kommenterer Brann mot Zagreb

arnelli

well i don't give a shit what they said on telly, but David Moyes who actually were there said Brann made it very difficult for Everton. He also praised us Brann supporters for our great support saying we were fantastic.

Texas

I'm happy about the performance brann put on today. Especially with bakke, sigurdsson and solli. To be honest, I thought Everton would be better, but good for them that they won on a bad day.

Stoffi

from www.vg.no:

Quote- Brann gjorde mye bra og gjorde det veldig vanskelig for oss. De var gode på dødballer og hadde et fantastisk publikum i ryggen. Jeg skal ikke legge skjul på at jeg er veldig fornøyd med resultatet selv om vi har én kamp igjen, sa Everton-manager David Moyes til TV 2.

Translated(roughly):

Brann made it difficult for us. They were good at freekicks/corners, and had a FANTASTIC crowd backing them up.
blahblahblah

Seems like David Moyes doesn't agree with the commentators.

anders_flanderz

Singing when you'r winning!

I was very dissapointed bye the Everton fans! Have allways thought you'r the best supporter off the world.... but not today though....

Brann fans where mutch better;););)

See yea in England!
rite Drite Drite Drite på Oslo By

Alzheimer/Silverspurs

Bakke and Sigurdsson were both excellent.

Everton is a really solid side. The did what they had to do and that was enough. Have to say that we were close to something, though :)

Texas

speaking about fans: What was up with the evertonians on the first row along  the sideline?

Alzheimer/Silverspurs

Those who were practising some kind of gymnastics? :) Looked pretty lame on telly :)

thesevs

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"
Futurama

krøvel vellevold

This is written in the match report at Everton.com: "Roared on by a small but partisan and vocal following, the Norwegians finished strongly and Everton were hanging on at times."
Legg ned hele klubben!

anders_flanderz

rite Drite Drite Drite på Oslo By

BBB-Tony

If someone says that they not could hear us singing for Brann in the game, i might wonder what game they was watcing. I have seen the game after i was at the stadium yesterday (recorded) and i could only hear us singing. I heard the Evertoins a litel bit after theyr first goal...

BRANN MAKED US PROUD YESTERDAY! AMEN!
Mvh Tony Nordtveit

Bli med i Bataljonen Ung - Et organisert supportertilbud for deg under 16 år.

Harry Klein

Couldn't give a toss about what BBC says about the game. After all, we are talking about a vital component of the British propaganda machinery here. The Guardian has a proper peace on the game, though, even if they fail to mention that Everton's second goal should have been ruled out for offside:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,,2256270,00.html

Stoffi

And it should have been a freekick before the 0-1 goal...

Harry Klein

Another well put match report from the Independent:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/sk-brann-0-everton-2-anichebe-adds-gloss-as-everton-ride-luck-782110.html

Regarding the first goal, it looked a clear cut free-kick from the Hansa end, but  from the referee's position the challenge on Eldar Vaagan appeared a bit more innocuous. The linesman should have flagged, though.

Cahill

Quote from: "Stoffi"And it should have been a freekick before the 0-1 goal...

50-50 challenge

and he got the ball not the player.

Exim

Quote from: "Stoffi"And it should have been a freekick before the 0-1 goal...

50-50 challenge

and he got the ball not the player.

Excuse my language, but are you retarded? He took the ball? And not the player? You cant have watched the same match as the rest of us..

Go Up