• Welcome to Brann Bataljonen Bergen. Please login or sign up.

Brann - Everton [The English thread]

Started by Shine, December 21, 2007, 15:34:00 PM

Go Down

BBB-Tony

Quote from: "krøvel vellevold"
Quote from: "tonynord"
Quote from: "Cahill"erm im not sure really i would expect 30 english pounds which is rougly  310 Norwegian Kroner

by the way your stadium looks lovely

That's an old picture i think... We har upgraded it.

Oh yeah? So what's new then?

Sorry...I missunderstand. Nothing new after this foto was taken. Sorry..
Mvh Tony Nordtveit

Bli med i Bataljonen Ung - Et organisert supportertilbud for deg under 16 år.

Ricky

Brann completed a £900.000 deal for the 28-year-old forward Njogu Demba-Nyrén today. His Danish team is struggling, and he apparently wanted to move to a club where he could win trophies and play in the European cups.
I'm sure he will get to play against Everton in February.

Stoffi

Quote from: "Ricky"Brann completed a £900.000 deal for the 28-year-old forward Njogu Demba-Nyrén today. His Danish team is struggling, and he apparently wanted to move to a club where he could win trophies and play in the European cups.
I'm sure he will get to play against Everton in February.

Good. :) He is also a national player in Gambia, but was raised in sweden.
Min bestemor er tilgjengelig som Branntrener, løp og kjøp!

Cahill

sounds interesting

i dunno if you guys know or not but we finally completed the loan signing of Manuel Fernandes from Valencia and he can play in the Uefa Cup.

Didriken

To the Brits in here, which pub's are recommended for us Norwegians when we visit Liverpool? Any special places to avoid? Looking forward to beer and football!!
kke la deg lure av dialekten! SKB!

BigYin

Quote from: "Didriken"To the Brits in here, which pub's are recommended for us Norwegians when we visit Liverpool? Any special places to avoid? Looking forward to beer and football!!

Avoid "the roal oak" and obviously every redshitepub in Liverpool.

Cahill

avoid Goodison Park... i hear it gets erm... very overcrowded ;) lol

Brannesen

Quote from: "BigYin"
Quote from: "Didriken"To the Brits in here, which pub's are recommended for us Norwegians when we visit Liverpool? Any special places to avoid? Looking forward to beer and football!!

and why is that? They must be happy to have us when we're playing against you! Or was just because you hate them so much? We don't have that same hate you know...
Bjørn Dahl...respektløst! Se på dette! Nydelig til Huseklepp...Brann har mye folk inne foran måååål åååhåhåå...ja det er 2-1. Det er 2-1...det er Eirik Bakke! Alsaker kommenterer Brann mot Zagreb

BigYin

Quote from: "Brannesen"

and why is that? They must be happy to have us when we're playing against you! Or was just because you hate them so much? We don't have that same hate you know...

For health and safety reasons.

Brannesen

Quote from: "Brannesen"

For health and safety reasons.

We're vikings...we have been i england a couple of times before :) lol
Bjørn Dahl...respektløst! Se på dette! Nydelig til Huseklepp...Brann har mye folk inne foran måååål åååhåhåå...ja det er 2-1. Det er 2-1...det er Eirik Bakke! Alsaker kommenterer Brann mot Zagreb

HansaInferno

Liverpool fans hate norwegians because of all the tourist supporters from Norway who destroy their supporter culture and gives the club a good reason to sell tickets at a high price.
Breiflabben, baby!

peteE

OOoh, I found a site with a lot of nice pics of Bergen for those who are travelling there for the match!

http://www.tunliweb.no/SM/alb_Bergen.htm

Enjoy :D

Cahill

4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everton win today means they are now 4th in the Premiership !!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

dudo

Unfortunately for you Bramble doesn't play for us.
And it's a moral to this story! Or at least it was supposed to be a moral, but since I'm dyslectic it is in fact - a marble!

krøvel vellevold

Quote from: "Cahill"4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everton win today means they are now 4th in the Premiership !!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Until Liverpool have played their two games in hand.

And you still lost vs Oldham!
Legg ned hele klubben!

Stoffi

dudo

Quote from: "Stoffi"The other striker, is Torstein Helstad, which Everton was interested in some weeks ago. He is the second best striker in Norway, after John Carew, but is a different player.

Indeed. Helstad scores goals. ;-)
And it's a moral to this story! Or at least it was supposed to be a moral, but since I'm dyslectic it is in fact - a marble!

Stoffi

Quote from: "dudo"
Quote from: "Stoffi"The other striker, is Torstein Helstad, which Everton was interested in some weeks ago. He is the second best striker in Norway, after John Carew, but is a different player.

Indeed. Helstad scores goals. ;-)

Indeed, a real goalgetter. :)

al23883

Hi lads,  ive managed to get a ticket through Everton for the game. Im coming over the day. Were do the away fans usually gather? Also, which bars and the best and the cheapest? How far is the airport from the bars? Cheers

Markmus

Quote from: "al23883"Hi lads,  ive managed to get a ticket through Everton for the game. Im coming over the day. Were do the away fans usually gather? Also, which bars and the best and the cheapest? How far is the airport from the bars? Cheers

Away fans sometimes gather with the home fans at Fotballpuben (in the street leading up to the large, red church). Some fans won't be allowed near Fotballpuben, but I don't see a problem in the Everton fans coming.

Some pubs won't allow football fans inside (at least not the dressed up ones), but pubs like The Scotsman should be fine. I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by cheap, that word is kinda unknown in Norway.

Getting to the city downtown from the airport is easy enough. Take the airport bus (Flybussen) and step off near hotel SAS Norge. It takes 35 minutes. http://www.flybussen.no/bergen/

Enjoy your stay (and go home in tears I hope;) ).
Ka du ve?

HansaInferno

Don't bother coming to Bergen. Everton will lose with big numbers and you can't afford our beer anyway.
Breiflabben, baby!

Stoffi

Evertonians will probably organize their own pubs, there isn't enough room at our pub, though it is a large one.

There will be plenty of pubs downtown, though "the English Pub" is no longer around. It's just scottish and irish ones left, plus heaps of other pubs.
The area with pubs downtown ain't very big and you can reach all pubs within a 10 min walk.

You can only buy tickets to the game in our local Brann stores, to prevent evertonians from buying tickets where they shouldn't be. Away tickets are organized by yourselves.

nummer9

Think I read on the Norwegian Everton fan club that they were gathering at the Champions pub. Pretty ironic as they will be loosers after playing against Brann :P

BBB-Tony

Quote from: "nummer9"Think I read on the Norwegian Everton fan club that they were gathering at the Champions pub. Pretty ironic as they will be loosers after playing against Brann :P

Evertonfans is coming together on Champions...
Mvh Tony Nordtveit

EFC1095

Hi all are you getting excited yet, see you all next week. Looking forward to sampling your hospitality and beer
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

HansaInferno

You have to try our Hansa Pils.

At Champions they serve Ringnes if I'm not mistaken?!
Breiflabben, baby!

EFC1095

Cheers I`ll try that.
I am over for Three days from Wednesday, is their much to do in your city ?

dokken

Yes, we are excited!  Not used to playing important games in february, and not very confident that our players will perform. But still: UEFA Cup is great fun.

You're all heartly welcome. In two weeks 1,500 of us are coming over to drink your beer (Not the Chang stuff, but real ale).

The weather forecast, by the way:

http://www.yr.no/sted/Norge/Hordaland/Bergen/Bergen/langtidsvarsel.html

Sunshine and not too cold on wednesday! At least that's what it says now. The forecast isn't always to be trusted. We've had rain, rain and more rain for the last month.

EFC1095

It seems to rain permanently in Bergen.
You will be made very welcome in Liverpool and will have a great night out. Our only concern is we have not got enough tickets for all the people travelling to Norway but itshould be a good few days as we are a freindly bunch.

dokken

Quote from: "EFC1095"Cheers I`ll try that.

Think you will find it a charming little city, with great surroundings. At least if the weather doesn't misbehave too much.

Read more here:

http://www.bergen-guide.com/

HansaInferno

No there isn't much to do. This movie is from our famous "Fisketorget", it's a fish marked. The Hamburger supporters who where here made their own fun. It's alot to do if you use your imagination ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M1XvRv0Yv8A

I don't know. Just enjoy the town, we have alot of hot women, we have beer, and hopefully we don't have rain.. But we have alot of rain to ofthen so I can't promise anything.
Breiflabben, baby!

EFC1095

Thanks everyone I am sure we will have a laugh together.

Enjoy both games but not to much of course.

Cahill

looks to be a good game

theres good chance everton will come into the game 4th place in the league by possibly 4 points over Liverpool

Everton play Reading, Chelsea play Liverpool.

Lot of confidence at the moment in our camp. And our best striker Yakubu has returned from Africa tournament.

kabelmann

Quote from: "Cahill"And our best striker Yakubu has returned from Africa tournament.

Has he showed up yet?
Spør ikke hva Brann kan gjøre for deg. Spør hva du kan gjøre for Brann.
- John F. Kennedy, 20. januar 1961

Stoffi

You're lucky, it seems like the sun will visit Bergen next week, a high pressure front is coming in, pushing away the bloody rain. Maybe you bring with you some good fortune. ;)

While in Bergen, you should go drink at Fløyen, a view point on a mountain. Bring your own beer, it's too expensive to buy any there, the restaurant is among the most expensive in Bergen.

And while you're at it, you can visit the Aquarium, which is now more of a Zoo with reptiles and monkeys and stuff.

Pubs like Finnegans got english bar keeps btw. Or perhaps they are irish, but they don't sound like it.

Cahill

some good and bad news, everton beat reading so will still remain 4th spot.

bad news, our best striker Yakubu came back late from african cup of nations, as punishment our manager excluded him from the team for today's game...he says' he will decide whether or not he will play against Brann or not.

peteE

Just make sure to visit Nordnes! The most beautiful place in Bergen! (The big cock sticking out of the city centre)

But I hope either Everton or Aston Villa for the 4. spot! I like English clubs with a good and balanced mixture of English and foreign players.

Cahill

HansaInferno

Yakubu is playing against us or what?
Breiflabben, baby!

peteE

The weather forecast says sun and blue skies on wednesday! So lets cross our fingers for a beautiful evening for football!

tr0Ndemann

Quote from: "peteE"The weather forecast says sun and blue skies on wednesday! So lets cross our fingers for a beautiful evening for football!

Yeah, we better! I'm on row 4.

Can't wait for this match, first english team I've watched live. Sure it will be a tough match but we'll give them Evertonians a challenge!
What a waste of council tax, we paid for your hats!

Bergen Sin Gutt

Quote from: "Stoffi"
Pubs like Finnegans got english bar keeps btw. Or perhaps they are irish, but they don't sound like it.

Eh..?! If youre Irish you sound Irish of course. The staff in Finnegans consists of a few Irish, a few English, and a few South Africans btw. They also work in The British Lion next door to Finnegans. Finnegans is a quality pub. The British Lion is good for watching sports, cheaper beer before 7 or 8pm. Other good pubs are Dubliner (right next to the Funicular that takes you up to the Fløyen mountain) and Fotballpuben (will be packed all day Wednesday with Brann supporters, nice pub if you like your drink like me, cheap beer before 7pm). Skipperstuen and Vågen (formerly Børsen) for alcoholics and old people. Avoid Scruffy Murphys if youre not a millionaire.

Cahill

Quote from: "HansaInferno"Yakubu is playing against us or what?

we should know tommorow evening...likely he will only be on the bench and probably not play.

Cahill

would someone be kind enought to have a very good guess at what team they think Brann will play..

if you want i can repay the favour.

Mick

Quote from: "Bergen Sin Gutt"
Quote from: "Stoffi"

Eh..?! If youre Irish you sound Irish of course. The staff in Finnegans consists of a few Irish, a few English, and a few South Africans btw. They also work in The British Lion next door to Finnegans. Finnegans is a quality pub. The British Lion is good for watching sports, cheaper beer before 7 or 8pm. Other good pubs are Dubliner (right next to the Funicular that takes you up to the Fløyen mountain) and Fotballpuben (will be packed all day Wednesday with Brann supporters, nice pub if you like your drink like me, cheap beer before 7pm). Skipperstuen and Vågen (formerly Børsen) for alcoholics and old people. Avoid Scruffy Murphys if youre not a millionaire.

But I thought Finnegans had a strickt no football jersey-policy, I didnt get in with my nice red one, I dont think blue is gonna make any differense, but who knows maybe I went there on the wrong day.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man. Dr.Samuel Johnson

Bergen Sin Gutt

Quote from: "Mick"
But I thought Finnegans had a strickt no football jersey-policy, I didnt get in with my nice red one, I dont think blue is gonna make any differense, but who knows maybe I went there on the wrong day.

Well they actually have, but when we played Glentoran in July 2006 the Irish were in there with their football tops, scarves, hats and whatever for 3 days drinking, and as far as I remember Finnegans were more than happy to take their money. The same will prob be the case now. I would defo recommend Everton fans to give it a try when I hear that Champions is "their" pub in Bergen, as the place is absolutely crap. Or go to some of the pubs I mentioned in the post above here. Tuesday, Thursday & Friday I would go to Fotballpuben (The Football Pub) if any of them are staying for a few days.

dudo

Quote from: "Cahill"would someone be kind enought to have a very good guess at what team they think Brann will play..

if you want i can repay the favour.

9 of the spots are certain:

Opdal

Dahl - Sigurdsson - Bjarnason - Hanstveit

Huseklepp - Solli - Bakke - Vaagan Moen

Helstad - Karadas

This is how we've played the last two matches, and what "everybody" thought was the certain starting 11. However, El Fakiri and Demba-Nyrén have recuperated from their injuries faster than anyone thought they would. El Fakiri plays central midfield: If he plays, Solli will most likely play his usual right wing, pushing Huseklepp out of the team. Demba-Nyrén is a striker competing with Karadas for the spot (at least for these two games).

Cahill

massive news

our best player is injured mikel arteta and has not travelled, also missing is our second best midfielder in Stephen Pienaar this season...two key midfielders missing

Yakubu has been selected, he is travelling with the squad but we dont know if he will start yet..

expected team

Howard

Neville Yobo Jagielka Lescott

Osman Carsley Cahill Fernandes

AJ Yakubu

BBB-Tony

El Fakiri is replacing Huseklepp and Solli is going to play to the right and Fakiri in the midle.
Mvh Tony Nordtveit

The Boss

So our team is:

Brann (4-4-2): Opdal - Dahl, Sigurdsson, Bjarnason, Hanstveit - Solli, El Fakiri, Bakke, Vaagan Moen - Helstad, Karadas.

Go Up