• Welcome to Brann Bataljonen Bergen. Please login or sign up.

Brann - Everton [The English thread]

Started by Shine, December 21, 2007, 15:34:00 PM

Go Down

krøvel vellevold

Quote from: "md49vd"[ sometime stats tell a different story, unless you watched the game you cannot comment, 2nd half we were defending alot and our defensive display was outstanding...hence why we deserved the point, the fact is it took manchester united an 88th minute penalty to beat Everton at their own ground. Not many teams score against Man Utd away from home.. that alone is a big achievement. At least we can score against the Champions.....of England.... we shouldnt have a problem doing the same against the Champions of Norway...

Champions of England vs. Champions of Norway.... hmm which one is tougher....

anyways Merry Christmas Brann fans.

So if you've been outplayed and avoided goals against just because of good defending, the game was equal and you'd deserved a draw?

So you scored a goal at Old Trafford? Well, even Derby and Boro did!

If Brann lost 1-10 at Old Trafford, I wouldn't say the game was good from our side just because they scored at Old Trafford...
Legg ned hele klubben!

md49vd

we did the same against chelsea at stamford bridge

we play exactly the same way against man utd and got a point look at stats
chelsea much better stats

Shots (on Goal)     16(10)     6(2)
Fouls    13    16
Corner Kicks    9    1
Offsides    4    1
Time of Possession    59%    41%
Yellow Cards    2    2
Red Cards    0    0
Saves    2    7

chelsea 1 everton 1

you rarely find anyside will beat man utd or chelsea away from home so we did well to nearly get a draw at both teams this season.

KennethS

Quote from: "md49vd"we did the same against chelsea at stamford bridge

we play exactly the same way against man utd and got a point look at stats
chelsea much better stats

Shots (on Goal)     16(10)     6(2)
Fouls    13    16
Corner Kicks    9    1
Offsides    4    1
Time of Possession    59%    41%
Yellow Cards    2    2
Red Cards    0    0
Saves    2    7

chelsea 1 everton 1

you rarely find anyside will beat man utd or chelsea away from home so we did well to nearly get a draw at both teams this season.

Well Rosenborg nr 5 in Norwegian league also drew 1-1 at Stamford Bridge.
tå på Brann

md49vd

so Brann should therefore beat chelsea away from home if rosenborg got a deraw cos Brann finished 1st and Rosenborg 5th  :roll:

Stalin

Ricky

I can't believe how the Evertonians struggle with convincing us of the obvious; it's very likely that Everton are better than Brann.

"Look at all these matches we have lost by a narrow margin. No one loses by smaller margins than us. And we also had a 1-1 draw against Chelsea" :p

Stoffi

Aberdeen would have had finished at the lower part of the norwegian premier league. 2 seasons ago, a reserve back of ours went to Aberdeen, where he quickly became a star. This is not a unique story, many mediocre norwegian players seek fame and fortune in Scotland, because the level is lower.

Helsingborg is easy, and definitively not better than us.

As for Rosenborg, we can beat them any day, and they can beat us. Our everton fan in here seems to put alot of weight into past results, so I might add that Rosenborg has beaten most great teams in Europe, held Chelsea to 1-1 at stamford bridge, and should have won.
And when we are a better team than Rosenborg, we can also beat many good european teams.
I really can't wait to come to Goodison park, and watch the evertonians spit out their beer when Brann gets a draw or win. Everton will treat Brann like a poor team, and underestimate us, just like Club Brugge did. They didn't take us seriously, and neither will you. :)

But we're definitively not favourites, Everton is a better team and we must struggle to win.
Min bestemor er tilgjengelig som Branntrener, løp og kjøp!

Stoffi

And I might add that both our central midfielders have played Champs league semi finals, for Leeds and Monaco. That's more than I can say for Everton....

Central Defenders are islandic nationals, yet another central defender/striker who played for Porthsmouth and Benfica, and the last striker is the best in Norway, except for John Carew perhaps.

Our goalie is norwegian national aswell, a big talent and predicted to play in a top league later.

krøvel vellevold

Quote from: "Stoffi"so I might add that Rosenborg has beaten most great teams in Europe, held Chelsea to 1-1 at stamford bridge, and should have won.

WHAT??????  

Rosenborg were outplayed and had luck who didn't lose by 3 or 4 goals!
Legg ned hele klubben!

sydnes76

That must be the worst overstatement in a long time Stoffi...Rbk was extremely lucky to let in only one goal. If chelsea had an effective day at work the would score at least 7-8 goals. Normaly 4-5...

md49vd

Leeds are in League 1 now!!!!!!!

Premiership - the best league

then... the CHampionship - teams relegated from Premiership go here!!

then!!! LEAGUE 1

LEEDS ARE IN LEAGUE 1, WERE DOCKED 15 points this season!!!

Klaus_Brann

Quote from: "md49vd"Leeds are in League 1 now!!!!!!!

then!!! LEAGUE 1

That`s because Bakke left:-)
Det har gått i arv i fra far og til sønn, har du først falt i gryten, så er det ingen bønn!

Nightfox

Quote from: "md49vd"Leeds are in League 1 now!!!!!!!

then!!! LEAGUE 1

Well... Everton is placed 6th now, Brann is placed 1st.
Its irrelevant where Leeds is NOWADAYS, when we talked about the time of being, before Leeds echonomical problems. Even we, Brann, is better than leeds nowadays. So that post is just as irrelevant as my first sentence.

You just seem pathetic when you struggle to make Everton sound like one of the best footballteams in the world. We don't fear you, but we know that our chances is small, although Everton is the team we feared the least of the teams we could meet. Maybe it's a real while since you have had any success? Well then it must be big for you to meet the fresh new champions of Norway.

Are you trying to say that Leeds still was useless when they reached the semi finals in champions league with Eirik Bakke on the team?

Alexåsane

Well, today I do just as you, Hate Liverpool!!

Go Derby!!
Vi è BRANN! Bergens Stolthet!

Nei til mandagskamper!!

md49vd

Everton 2 Bolton 0

same bolton that beat Man utd and drew with bayern Munich in Uefa Cup this season So HAHAHAHAHAAH to all Brann fans

we will win Uefa Cup and on Saturday we will beat Arsenal in the league :)

Phil Neville our captain scored and Tim Cahill the best midfielder in the prem.

Nightfox

Oppreist

I want to welcome all the Evertonians to Bergen in February!

We're off season and Everton is doing well in PL so it will definitely be a difficult game for Brann. Everton is big favourites, but Brann has a chance if we can get a good result in Bergen.

Our best central defender, Sigurdsson, is injured with eye problems and will hopefully be ready for the game in February.  We also hope that Robbie Winters, our Scottish forward will recover from his injury in due time for the Everton-matches.  

To be honest, Brann has not played up to the potential in last UEFA-cup matches.  For the last game in Switzerland,  none of our central midfielders were available due to suspensions and injuries.  As you might know, Martin Andresen, central midfielder and captain, has left the team for a rival.

In Norway, Brann has a reputation for playing attractive and effective offensive football, i.e. through fast counter attacks.  Our forwards are quite effective and can make goals even when the team is playing below par. We also have a good goalie.  The main weakness is the defense, and in particular the sidebacks. We still haven't made any new signings for 2008, but hope to do so before the season starts.  

I'm eager to get back to Liverpool again, my last trip was back in 97 when we met Liverpool in the quarter finals of the Cupwinners cup. I don't know how many will travel from Norway, but I would expect 2-3000. Back in 97 we were 3-4000. I look forward to mingling with the Evertonians before the game. The Brann supporters are generally quite friendly and I guess that goes for the Evertonians too? Can any of you scousers recommend nice hotels and pubs in Liverpool?

Congrats with the win against Bolton.
Stein på stein blir Steinar.

krøvel vellevold

Quote from: "md49vd"Everton 2 Bolton 0

same bolton that beat Man utd and drew with bayern Munich in Uefa Cup this season So HAHAHAHAHAAH to all Brann fans

we will win Uefa Cup and on Saturday we will beat Arsenal in the league :)

Phil Neville our captain scored and Tim Cahill the best midfielder in the prem.

Yes, and we beat Rosenborg 3-2. The same Rosenborg that beat Valencia and drew with Chelsea.

"Beat Bolton".... What an achievement! You must be proud!
Legg ned hele klubben!

Xminator

Sounds a little like a certain Myra on VG-diskusjon... Best this and best that, typical rants of a middle-of-nowhere fan. Everton? We probably met better teams already (Hamburg and Rennes).

Everton will be in-season. We'll be in the middle of pre-season. Thats the one reason why we most likely wont wipe those smug smiles of everton faces. If the oposite was true, a game in early august, Brann would most likely be the best team over two matches.

md49vd

pmsl Brann will never beat Everton.. we have international players from all over the world

not just Norway haha

krøvel vellevold

Quote from: "md49vd"pmsl Brann will never beat Everton.. we have international players from all over the world

not just Norway haha

You are number 6 in England. You must be really something! Perhaps the best team in the world!
Legg ned hele klubben!

Harry Klein

It's always an embarrassment to read posts from Brann fans desperate to talk their side up in the run-up to European fixtures, safe in the knowledge that we are possibly the worst side left in the competition (only Helsingborgs IF and Rosenborg look poorer in my book). It must be some really bad aquavita out there these days... Credit to the Evertonians on this post for having the politeness, not to mention the resilience, to even treat us as a serious contender in this tie. I do agree that Hamburg are as good as Everton, but we were not anywhere near beating them in our own ground. As for Rennes, to equate them with Everton is an insult to our English guests on this forum.

md49vd

Quote from: "krøvel vellevold"
Quote from: "md49vd"pmsl Brann will never beat Everton.. we have international players from all over the world

not just Norway haha

You are number 6 in England. You must be really something! Perhaps the best team in the world!

im sorry but 6th in the best league in the world is surely a good thing?

u mean to say you expect Everton to be better than Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea

or are you forgetting they are English teams.... all of which are in the Champions League last 32. Liverpool who won champions league few years ago and got to the final last year
Chelsea who reached quarter finals last two years
Man Utd who have won the Champions League and always in the last 32 and are always 1st or 2nd in the Premiership
Arsenal who played Barca in champs league final 2 seasons ago and always qualify

Everton are 6th... you cant really expect any higher than that unless you mean 5th... but we should get 5th in the next couple of weeks hopefully.

Number 1 in Norway is like the 10th best league in the world or something.

6th in the best league vs. 1st in the 10th best league in the world

i suspect you believe TNS who finished 1st in the Welsh League is much more of a challenge to you than Everton because TNS finished 1st in their division.

listen ok... we play very very tough sides in our league you play maybe 1 or 2 there is no comparison im afraid. Would Ballack, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Henry, Schevchenko, Torres, Cech, Fabregas, Drogba, etc... all come to the Premiership or rather play for a Norwegian team. I think that argument is finished. From memory the only famous player i know of from Norway is John Carew, Arne Riise, Solksjaer, Pedersen, Iversen, Leonardsen, Andre-Flo and Stig Inge Bjornaby and  all of them played in England.

send my regards to Erik Hagen, he will tell you Everton is a tough side, we beat his team 1-0 at Goodison Park, and they were the CHAMPIONS of RUSSIA. RUSSIA who knocked ENGLAND out of the EURO 2008... not NORWAY.

Klaus_Brann

Quote from: "md49vd"...So HAHAHAHAHAAH to all Brann fans

Mulig å fjerne irriterende brukere inne i mellom?
Det har gått i arv i fra far og til sønn, har du først falt i gryten, så er det ingen bønn!

Klaus_Brann

Quote from: "md49vd"
...im sorry but 6th in the best league in the world is surely a good thing?

It`s discussable if it`s the best league in the world...

kabelmann

Quote from: "Harry Klein"It's always an embarrassment to read posts from Brann fans desperate to talk their side up in the run-up to European fixtures, safe in the knowledge that we are possibly the worst side left in the competition (only Helsingborgs IF and Rosenborg look poorer in my book).

Don't be stupid, Derrick. Remember, they are coming to our forums. If they (and you, for that matter) are expecting love and praise of their team, they should really stick to their own forums - or Everton's Norwegian fanclub forums.[/i]
Spør ikke hva Brann kan gjøre for deg. Spør hva du kan gjøre for Brann.
- John F. Kennedy, 20. januar 1961

Stoffi

Quote from: "md49vd"
Quote from: "krøvel vellevold"

not just Norway haha

im sorry but 6th in the best league in the world is surely a good thing?

u mean to say you expect Everton to be better than Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea

or are you forgetting they are English teams.... all of which are in the Champions League last 32. Liverpool who won champions league few years ago and got to the final last year
Chelsea who reached quarter finals last two years
Man Utd who have won the Champions League and always in the last 32 and are always 1st or 2nd in the Premiership
Arsenal who played Barca in champs league final 2 seasons ago and always qualify

Everton are 6th... you cant really expect any higher than that unless you mean 5th... but we should get 5th in the next couple of weeks hopefully.

Number 1 in Norway is like the 10th best league in the world or something.

6th in the best league vs. 1st in the 10th best league in the world

i suspect you believe TNS who finished 1st in the Welsh League is much more of a challenge to you than Everton because TNS finished 1st in their division.

listen ok... we play very very tough sides in our league you play maybe 1 or 2 there is no comparison im afraid. Would Ballack, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Henry, Schevchenko, Torres, Cech, Fabregas, Drogba, etc... all come to the Premiership or rather play for a Norwegian team. I think that argument is finished. From memory the only famous player i know of from Norway is John Carew, Arne Riise, Solksjaer, Pedersen, Iversen, Leonardsen, Andre-Flo and Stig Inge Bjornaby and  all of them played in England.

send my regards to Erik Hagen, he will tell you Everton is a tough side, we beat his team 1-0 at Goodison Park, and they were the CHAMPIONS of RUSSIA. RUSSIA who knocked ENGLAND out of the EURO 2008... not NORWAY.

There are 4 teams that are a mile ahead of the rest of the bunch in England, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. The rest are unstable, and not very great.
Those 4 teams cause Premier League to be among the best leagues in the world, the others aren't all that.
But that goes for many leagues ofc. In any way, just saying that Everton isn't all that great.

Everton is looked upon as a mediocre english team, atleast here in Norway. I'm sorry to say this, but few of us have much respect for Everton, and most of us hoped for Everton since you are somewhat attractive compared to teams from other countries, and because german teams are much harder to beat.
But it has to be said, Everton is a better team than Brann. Brann would maybe be 14th in Premier League.

And, as we all know, Everton has been very unstable the last 10 years, swinging from 15th to 5th/6th(can't remember which).
Absolutely a team we can beat, but like we all know, Everton are big favourites and will beat Brann 7-8 out of 10 times, in my opinion.
We need to play our very best, and Everton can't play their best.

Stoffi

Quote from: "sydnes76"That must be the worst overstatement in a long time Stoffi...Rbk was extremely lucky to let in only one goal. If chelsea had an effective day at work the would score at least 7-8 goals. Normaly 4-5...

Okay, I agree. I should have said COULD instead of SHOULD. Because Rosenborg could have won with even more luck/effectivity, they had the chances.
But Chelsea had loads of chances to do it.

Alzheimer/Silverspurs

Quote from: "Harry Klein"It's always an embarrassment to read posts from Brann fans desperate to talk their side up in the run-up to European fixtures, safe in the knowledge that we are possibly the worst side left in the competition (only Helsingborgs IF and Rosenborg look poorer in my book). It must be some really bad aquavita out there these days... Credit to the Evertonians on this post for having the politeness, not to mention the resilience, to even treat us as a serious contender in this tie. I do agree that Hamburg are as good as Everton, but we were not anywhere near beating them in our own ground. As for Rennes, to equate them with Everton is an insult to our English guests on this forum.

I actually think Helsingborg is better than us :)

We are probably the weakest team left (RBK is shit, but got loads of eurofootball experience) and Everton is a much, much, much better side. That said, AC Milan is definitely better than Everton and RBK beat them at San Siro (about loads of years ago) :p

md49vd

AC Milan are like 14th in Seria A and half the season is gone... shocking

md49vd

Stoffi: And, as we all know, Everton has been very unstable the last 10 years, swinging from 15th to 5th/6th(can't remember which)

Under our new manager he totally changed Everton!! end of 2001-2002 he joined Everton and saved us from relegation in the last few games he was manager

in 2002-2003 we finished 7th in the Prem
in 2003-2004 we finished 17th in the Prem
in 2004-2005 we finished 4th after selling Wayne Rooney at beginning of season- this was major shock to the world of football
in 2005-2006 we finished 11th
in 2006-2007 we finished 6th

so in three out of six seasons we finished in the top 8. Our manager has also won manager of the year twice. If you know english football you will know early 90's everton we always bottom half side, always near the bottom of the table. Now we are always at the top of the table.

just watching Brann on youtube and i come across Rosenborg 10 Brann 0 in 1996 lol... what happened.. never has everton lost 10-0 so this is crazy..

Also Premiership has 20 teams, and Norway has 14 teams!! much difference. The Norwegian Premier League is eighteenth in the UEFA rankings of European leagues based on their performances in European competitions over a five year period, behind Switzerland's Super League and ahead of Serbia's Superliga

Promoted as "The Greatest Show On Earth", the Premier League is the world's most popular and most watched sporting league, followed worldwide by over half a billion people in 202 countries. The Premiership was recently promoted to second in the UEFA rankings of European leagues based on their performances in European competitions over a five year period, behind Spain's La Liga and now above Italy's Serie A.

theres a major difference of opposition from 18th to 2nd best in the Europe.

also noticed from 1977-1996 Brann were never in the top 3... that is almost 20 years.

also Brann only play 26 games in a season, Everton play 38 games *12 more just in league alone..

you also lost 6 times, and conceded 39 goals and Odd Greenland who got relegated only conceded 43 goals , only 4 goals difference, tells me you are very good attacking but poor defending. Exposure in defence.

Also Rosenborg is the only major team i see in your league... the rest are average..like all the others.. Rosenborg always in Europe the others not really.. whereas in Prem at least 4 world class teams and 4-5 other good teams.

I notice you did not lose at home but you conceded a goal 10 out of 13 times at home..and when you kept a clean sheet it 2 of the 3 were against sides that got relegated... this is poor at home, great record in not losing but letting in goals and clean sheets is poor.

i notice away from home some heavy defeats like 4-0 against Fredrik and 5-1 to Lillestrom, you also lose to 3 of the bottom 5 sides away from home. When you lose away from home you lose badly or concede lots of goals, and when you win you win well and keep clean sheets or let 1 goal in. Your away form is dodgy very dodgy, you lose to bad teams and beat good sides. You lost all 6 games in your season away from home.

your top goalscoarer is Helstad with 22 goals, but the rest dont seem to score many goals in the season?? so basically mark helstad and we stop you scoring.. is the way to look at it.

so i dont think you can compare both teams as equal, everton have tougher league, more games to play and other factors...

using statistics because Brann have such good home record i think it will be tough going to Brann.. but Everton have played some good football this season and we have won all our European games away from home.. i can see either 2-0 everton or 1-1 at Brann.

Look at your away record it seems when you are losing you capitulate.. and i can see everton definately taking the lead and then scoring 3 or 4 more so i reckon 4 or 5-0 or possibly like 3-1, or 4-1.

you see i done my homework ;)... by the way great 3-0 victory at Rosenborg stadium.

Nightfox

HAHAHAHAAHA... You have not done your work well!!!

- we WON 4-0 against Fredrikstad
- we WON 5-1 against Lillestrøm away, Lillestrøm who many by far thought was our "real" rival to the goal
- we LOST 3-0 against Rosenborg at Lerkendal!
- And SO WHAT if we only play 26 matches in one season? What has that to do with Brann?
- Brann allways looses a couple of games against poor teams. So you might shut the fuck up about talking good about Everton - If we have our best team (which we didn't have in the group stage), "our guys will give you a hell of a beating".
- Things are getting messy in Rosenborg, and have been like that for a while.
- We sold an attacker (from our first eleven) in the middle of the season, Helstad have been here the whole year.

What are you trying to tell us?

EVERTON IS NOT A TEAM WE FEAR! You are favourites, but your team is the team we hoped for, because your team sucked the most of the teams we could get. Why are you speaking high of your rivals? You should hate them!!! Instead you are saying: "WOW, we can draw a good team like UNITED!!! WOW!! I AM PROUD". You should give a good shit in the teams ahead of yourselves, they are your rivals. Okay, i admit that Man U, Pool, Gunners and chelski is good, but you will ONLY (and I repeat: ONLY) draw or win against them on good days. Everton is FAR FAR down on the list of the best teams of the world. Not even top 20!!! In england its 4 great teams. I really fear teams like Man. City more than Everton. Glascow Rangers? Much worse than meeting you. And Premier League is not the best league in the world!! DREAM ON!!!!!!!! That time is over, for many years ago. I think german or spanish is better than english.

You can't take credits for your rivals success. You won't admit it, but you do! You should be an everton supporter, but all you do is showing off results against your worst rivals to the gold. Is it major for you to win against the four great? That just show your expectations and how small you are. With that in your minds, you will never ever win the gold again. You guys are just Everton, a mediocre english team which no one fears. Must be a pity, you are not even best in your own town......

So don't even try to convince us to fear your team - we will not. Everton was the poorest team in the bottle for us. You should fear us more - It wont be a shock if WE get knocked out, but WHAT A PITY for Everton if they get knocked out by a norwegian team. What are you then going to say on other boards? Then the situation has changed, and I can allready see you post: "Well, afterall they were the norwegian champions.... And you have heard of Eirik Bakke?? Played semi final a couple of years ago for Leeds united... In champs league, yes.."

You poor, poor boy.

TheRock

Wow...this was amazing md49vd...I laughed so loud when i read most of that "homework" that im sure my neighbours woke up...

Think I might just have wet myself after that last, big, confident comment: "you see i done my homework ;)... by the way great 3-0 victory at Rosenborg stadium."

3 errors in 1 sentence...I bow to you ;)

EDIT: It's also funny how you mention that we suck because we finished below top 3 in the 77-96 period (as you probably know we're champions now?), while Everton is the best now because they have gone from a lower table team to a top 10 team during the 90's...

md49vd

ok i admit i read result wrong but i dont have it written out in plain to see i just interpret it wrong see..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tippeligaen_2007

but i see you lost away 6-0, 3-0, 3-0, 3-1 so you still have bad defence away from home.

and Nightfox you say Everton was easiest team you could have played...well guess what Everton only 1 out of 2 teams in Uefa Group to win all their matches, and guess what Everton are 4th best team in uefa cup according to bookmakers and the press.

and you say English league is now not the best.. well its the most watched legaue in the whole world and is ranked 2nd FACT.. what you are saying is ALL opinion. FIGHT the facts not opinions.

and also 26 matches!! SO WHAT?? OH MY GOD Are you stupid.. if a team plays only 26 matches there is less chance of injuries... less games... less work... less suspensions possibly compared to 38 GAMES!!

you play 38 GAMES in the prem and you see how good you are.

also i see you avoided the big 10-0 question and i admire you NightFox for believing you can beat everton. But the fact is Brann are simply not good enough. Brann are good in Norway but that is it. I feel you will be the ones saying 'i cant believe how good everton are they kicked our asses'. If brann win i will support Liverpool FC that is how confident i am we will win.

And i compare Everton with the Top 4 teams because they are the best teams in the league and the world some might say and so its better to compare yourselves with the best than the worst. Everton have beaten all the teams in the bottom half of the table easily this season.

md49vd

Quote from: "TheRock"Wow...this was amazing md49vd...I laughed so loud when i read most of that "homework" that im sure my neighbours woke up...

Think I might just have wet myself after that last, big, confident comment: "you see i done my homework ;)... by the way great 3-0 victory at Rosenborg stadium."

3 errors in 1 sentence...I bow to you ;)

EDIT: It's also funny how you mention that we suck because we finished below top 3 in the 77-96 period (as you probably know we're champions now?), while Everton is the best now because they have gone from a lower table team to a top 10 team during the 90's...

1. i didnt say you sucked because of that FACT
2. No they are not the best now. We are good side now but we were the best in the 80's. We won Cups, Leagues, European Trophies. Even Brann has never won a european trophy. We have won the top league 9 times compared to 3 for Brann.

TheRock

So the rest of the teams in the Prem doesn't have to face all the injuries or suspensions? :P

You say the Prem is the best league in the world. Then how come it's ranked 2nd?

I can't say i can understand what a result 11 years ago has to say about Brann today?

And finally:
1. You listed up a numerous of facts of why Everton is better than Brann.
2. Within these facts you said that a positive development, which as you mention Everton has had, is a good thing. Well, since Brann hasn't got a top 3 place from 77-96, and lost 10-0 in 96, and are now Champions in Norway, haven't we got a positive development?

Nightfox

You are so stupid. We have not said anything about being better than everton. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO ACHIEVE? WE HAVE NOT SAID THAT WE ARE BETTER THAN YOU! OF COURSE 38 MATCHES IS MORE DIFFICULT THAN 26, But there is a bunch of sucky teams in the lower leagues, so probably we would be the best team anyway. But still, it has nothing to do with how good we are. In fact, we would be much better with larger league, because we would have to have a bigger squad. With only 26 matches, we can't have a big squad like you. And that is not BRANNS fault.

We HAD a defensive problem in the spring and summer. Look on how many goals we got against us in the group stage when we had Eirik Bakke, Hassan El Fakiri, Tijan Jaiteh, Sigurdsson and winters (all from the starting 11) injured (well Fakiri got suspended two matches and is not injured). With Branns small squad, thats a big achievement. You could laugh over Branns results in the group stage, but look at our bench against Basel. Our wings played central, we have a back who dont want to play here, we have no good alternative to play with Helstad, we needed new wings because our wings played central, Bjørnsson who are a striker had to play in defence because of Sigurdssons eye injury, and Guntveit, previous captain a few years ago and plays back, played the match central midfield from the start but also got injured. WHAT A MESS!!... We had no expectations, and we saw going through as a major achievement our injuries taken into count. Point is: No more defensive problems for us.

Well oh god Everton got alot of points in the group stage, so what? I do not reckon that as the toughest group, even Brann would go through from it, WITH our injury problems (and i don't say we play poor just because of our injuries, i just mention it). We don't fear your results. You're overstating. I did not avoid the 10-0 in purpose. If you want to know, we lost 9-0 at lerkendal the year before. 19-0 in two years, how silly is that? Where is the point anyway? It was our two major losses, and it was when RBK was big, no further mention. I have no problem admitting for those 13 years RBK was far up from any norwegian team. Finally, it has changed. And it's 11 years ago.

Tell me: How long time ago is it since Everton last medal?
How long time ago is it since everton last won anything?
How long time ago is it since everton last showed anything to fear? Everton is just a pointless team in premier league which no one fears. Not even BRANN SUPPORTERS. Must be a pity. You have got nothing else to show off than some UEFA results and some draws and wins against some good teams and some teams which have played good against the same good teams. In other words: NOTHING!!!

Do you REALLY MEAN that you will support Liverpool FC if we win, or is it just something you say..? I wont even get near saying "I cant believe how good everton is", because they are not. But I have allways said that Everton is better than Brann, and so it will be for a good while. So I would not be surprised if you knock us out, and if so, I will say that Everton was better than Brann. But even if, Everton is still no team which by far is so much better than us...

Brann beat all the rivals to the gold easilly this season. Can't see Everton doing the same thing. Wow, you win against Wigan and Derby, what an achievement!! We knocked and OUTPLAYED Lillestrøm two times, Stabæk two times, Viking one time, RBK one time, Fredrikstad one time and so on. All those teams I will reckon as better than the bottom half in premier league, many others too.

krøvel vellevold

This Everton-fan is of the old english school: "England is the best country in the world, the english league is the best in the world", etc.

Well, we beat Birmingham 4-0 last season in a friendly. And Birmingham was a quiet good side then.

And the fact that we had no medals from 77 to 96, and we lost 0-10 vs Rosenborg in 1996... what the hell has that with 2007 to do?

The only thing you can say, is that you won all group stage games (and aganinst who?), and that you almost drew against good teams in Premier league... Wow!

And what is wrong with all you guys who think we are the worst team left in the uefa cup? We are of course better than Helsingborg (no 8 in Sweden), Rosenborg (no 5 in Norway) and Aberdden (no 6 in scotland)!
Legg ned hele klubben!

C@Bøe_79

Quote from: "md49vd"so Brann should therefore beat chelsea away from home if rosenborg got a deraw cos Brann finished 1st and Rosenborg 5th  :roll:

Sadly we`re not playing Chelsea before next fall(earliest)
Bergen og Hansa til eg dør!!!!!

Vær med og støtt tifo-gruppen med noen kroner, kontonummer 3628.52.72631

Xminator

Quote from: "Harry Klein"It's always an embarrassment to read posts from Brann fans desperate to talk their side up in the run-up to European fixtures, safe in the knowledge that we are possibly the worst side left in the competition (only Helsingborgs IF and Rosenborg look poorer in my book). It must be some really bad aquavita out there these days... Credit to the Evertonians on this post for having the politeness, not to mention the resilience, to even treat us as a serious contender in this tie. I do agree that Hamburg are as good as Everton, but we were not anywhere near beating them in our own ground. As for Rennes, to equate them with Everton is an insult to our English guests on this forum.

I repeat, Rennes is at least as good as Everton. That english football is shown more on TV then the french doesnt make it better.

C@Bøe_79

Quote from: "Xminator"

I repeat, Rennes is at least as good as Everton. That english football is shown more on TV then the french doesnt make it better.
Eurosport does`nt even show english football, but shoes a lot of french football;-)
Bergen og Hansa til eg dør!!!!!

Vær med og støtt tifo-gruppen med noen kroner, kontonummer 3628.52.72631

md49vd

no offence the only team that might be able to do well in the Prem is Rosenborg and even then not even top 10

the other teams would be relegation or fight relegationn even Brann. So do  not think you can survive in Premiership. Pre-season friendly.... think the clue is in the word Friendly.

krøvel vellevold

Quote from: "md49vd"no offence the only team that might be able to do well in the Prem is Rosenborg and even then not even top 10

How?

Brann finished 1st this season, and Rosenborg finished 5th - 13 pts behind us. How can Rosenborg do well in premier league, when they don't even do well in the norwegian league?
Legg ned hele klubben!

krøvel vellevold

It was in the summer of 2005 we won 4-0 over Birmingham.
Legg ned hele klubben!

krøvel vellevold

Anyway: I think we Norwegians have a bit more to say when we compare the level of the english league to the level of the norwegian league! Norwegians know a lot about english football, most games are on tv, and english league games have been on norwegian tv since 1969. We know both leagues. But what the hell do you englishmen now about norwegian football? Absolutely nothing! And you still think Rosenborg are the best team, even when they finish 5th - far behind the champions. It's like saying that Liverpool are the best team in England, just because they're the only english team who have won the Champions League the last 8 years.
Legg ned hele klubben!

BBB-Tony

Quote from: "Klaus_Brann"
Quote from: "md49vd"...So HAHAHAHAHAAH to all Brann fans

Mulig å fjerne irriterende brukere inne i mellom?

Jeg ble  kasta ut av kanarifuglene sitt forum under en time etter jeg registrerte meg, sÃ¥ hvorfor ikke? :) sa kanskje litt styggere ting enn det evertonsupportere har gjort her men... hiv han ut! :P
Mvh Tony Nordtveit

Bli med i Bataljonen Ung - Et organisert supportertilbud for deg under 16 år.

jako

Quote from: "Xminator"

Hamburg, maybe. Rennes is not even close. The best players from France don't play in their home league.
quot;One Evertonian is worth twenty Liverpudlians,"
-Brian Labone

jako

Quote from: "krøvel vellevold"Anyway: I think we Norwegians have a bit more to say when we compare the level of the english league to the level of the norwegian league! Norwegians know a lot about english football, most games are on tv, and english league games have been on norwegian tv since 1969. We know both leagues. But what the hell do you englishmen now about norwegian football? Absolutely nothing! And you still think Rosenborg are the best team, even when they finish 5th - far behind the champions. It's like saying that Liverpool are the best team in England, just because they're the only english team who have won the Champions League the last 8 years.

I don't think the majority of this forum follows English football as close that you might think.
quot;One Evertonian is worth twenty Liverpudlians,"
-Brian Labone

Xminator

Your disqualified Jako. What do "best players play in their home league" to do with anything? Even if half the french national team play for Arsenal it doesnt make Everton any better. Top 4 versus the rest.

Everton is far from unbeatable. Its far from the glory that our local english wannabies want them to be.

Haugesund got to the cup final, we can beat Everton. The quality diffrence between Everton and Brann is microscopic comparet to Brann and Haugesund. The diffrence between Everton and Brann is in the pace the english players are used to, that Everton is in-season while Brann is out-of-season, and the number of quality first squad players. The quality between the first 11 is much less. And its only 11 players that can start a football match anyway.

And while we're out of season, Everton will be in a hard match periode when the UEFA matches are played. We'll most likely have every player in training, and no quarantines. Maybe Moyes will be forced to rotate his first squad? The is more chance of injury when playing a lot of matches, that can and most likely will happen to Everton too. Then the quality diffrence between the two starting squads is even less.

But hey, Jako and his wannabies can plan the walkover for what I care. Makes a eventual success even sweeter and a loss is of no real consequence for us anyway :)

Nightfox

Quote from: "md49vd"no offence the only team that might be able to do well in the Prem is Rosenborg and even then not even top 10

the other teams would be relegation or fight relegationn even Brann. So do  not think you can survive in Premiership. Pre-season friendly.... think the clue is in the word Friendly.

Brann is nowadays far FAR better than Rosenborg. Rosenborg has big inside problems, and the only reason you don't know about it is because you know nothing about norwegian football. The only thing you know is that they beat a poor valencia team two times and got lucky against chelsea. Rosenborg would today maybe get relegated from the premier league, but i think they still are a bit better than that. You don't have a clue about football in other countries than your own, and you still live in the 80s. English football is not the best anymore! Just look at your poor national team. They are in the same class as Norway and did not even qualify. NO EXCUSES! Norway had some bad days too, so England was just not good enough. If england and english was the best, why don't they even qualify!?!?

Your statement about Rosenborg itself shows your lack of skills. You SHOULD know that Brann is better than rosenborg, by far, because of their inside problems. And you SHOULD know that valencia has played poor the last few months.

Go Up